Monday, March 12, 2012

Irish Cream Coffee Blondies

Remember yesterday and my daydream of  laying around eating brownies and drinking Irish coffee all day?  Me too!  I was thinking about it all morning yesterday.  Deputy Dawg and I went for a walk and I kept talking about it.....I'm pretty sure he was sick of Irish coffee dreams after three miles.  I'm pretty sure he is gonna eat this anyway.  Thanks, Honey, for listening to me ramble about recipes.  *mauh*



Irish Cream Coffee Blondies

8 TBSP butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 TBSP espresso powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup Irish Cream (I used Bailey's)
1 cup + 1 TBSP of flour
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
sliced toasted almonds (optional)

1-2 TBSP Irish Cream
enough powdered sugar to make a thin glaze

Grease an 8x8 baking dish.  Preheat oven to 350.  Mix together melted butter and brown sugar.  Beat until smooth.  Beat in egg, vanilla and espresso powder.  Stir in salt and flour.  Fold in white chocolate chips.  Pour batter into prepared pan.  Sprinkle with sliced almonds, if using.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 min, or until set in the middle.  Cool completely on baking rack.  Mix together Irish Cream and powdered sugar - start with 1 TBSP of liquor and very slowly add powdered sugar until you have a thin glaze - to avoid lumps in your glaze, sift your powdered sugar.  Drizzle glaze over bars.




1 comment: