Tuesday, March 13, 2012

books, books and more books.......

I am a voracious reader. 

Period. 

Deputy Dawg and I spend on an average $200 dollars a month on reading material.  I will stay up long past my bedtime reading.  Some nights until I fall asleep - specs perched on my nose and book (or much coveted Kindle) in my lap, faithful Friday by my side.

I don't go in much for the romance thing but I love a good schlocky detective novel.  Jonathan or Faye Kellerman.  John Sanford.  Early Patricia Cornwell.  I kinda have a crush on Dean Koontz.  But my heart belongs to Stephen King  *sigh*  - who doesn't love a good chill on a hot summer night?



Right now I am am devouring Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.  Such intricately woven stories from three character's perspectives.  I am afraid to see the movie for fear of what may be lost from the story as well as from my imagination.  This book makes me laugh out loud, cry and ponder my own thoughts on life and death.

I need to get started on a summer reading list for myself as well as the the three offspring ranging in age from 10-17.  They are all little bookworms.  It warms my heart to see them lounging on the patio or the swing or under the pear tree with a book. 

I want classics as well as popular fiction.  I am thinking Mark Twain and John Steinbeck.  Maybe some Jane Austen for the girl child or maybe To Kill a Mockingbird.......






1 comment:

  1. You could have had time to read all these books by now. You probably have.....

    ReplyDelete