Friday, June 22, 2012

vacation

Vacation, vacation, vacation.......oh how I love you.

I did NOT want to come back.  We didn't really go anywhere.  Well, we went to Wahoo, Nebraska to visit my folks, but mostly stayed home.

We smoked a brisket.  It takes all day.  We were on the patio furniture with beer and books by 2:30 and didn't go inside until it was time to eat.

We visited a wildlife safari park by Ashland, Nebraska.  The elk wanted to go for a ride with us!


Deputy Dawg thought he was an Elk :)  LOL


We walked over the Missouri River....... (see Deputy Dawg and Jr's monster personnel carriers?)


We visited the Union Pacific #844 and the UP Museum Car......


And stayed at my Mom and Dads.......


 Breakfast is a big deal.  Grandma and a variety of aunts and uncles all appear for waffles, eggs, sausage and bacon.


My Mm always has the greatest inspiration posted everywhere in the house.  This one is on the fridge.


The front porch is the favorite hang out place ....... my friends and I used to have "porch parties" here.  We drank cheap wine and ordered pizza from the local Pizza Hut.  *Ah, good memories*


Way too soon it is time to go *sniff*  I love you Daddy.  Miss you like mad already.








No comments:

Post a Comment